Frequently Asked Questions
What types of printing do you offer?
We offer various printing techniques right here in-house.
- Debossing – gives the product a beautiful subtle look.
- Foil Printing – the best way to achieve a true gold or silver metallic is to use a foil print.
- Printed Inserts – affordable version of 4 colour print using printed inserts instead of directly printing onto the product.
- Digital Printing – high quality digital print on SwissQ; suitable for small runs as well as large quantities.
- Screen Printing – suits vinyl, polypropylene and casemade products; cost effective; great for matching PMS colours.
Do you make plastic tab dividers?
Yes. Mayer offers a range of materials to make tab dividers from board, rigid PVC to polypropylene. Plastic tab dividers offer a superior strength and can be custom made and die cut to shape. We offer a range of colours in plastic. Tab dividers can be screen or digitally printed, either on the body or just the tab. We custom manufacture tab dividers in all the standard paper sizes or we can do the unsual size if required.
Are there additional costs for artwork?
Yes. If the client does not supply ready designs, our in-house designers can create artwork based on client’s brief. Please contact our office for artwork fees.
Is it possible to make an enclosed binder that looks more like a box?
Yes. Enclosed or wrap around ring binders are a cost effective way to make a unique presentation product. Depending on the material type the closure can be a clip lock, magnets or velcro. It can be manufactured in all material types.
Other binder options are:
- Binder box – it has side panels that will fold up to become a box when closed; most cost effectively manufactured in polypropylene.
- Binders in slipcases – most popular; binder slides into a custom shaped slipcase.
We need a folder to hold a range of items. Are you able to make a special size?
Yes, we custom make. Just tell us or show us what you would like to house and we can design the folder for you.
Are you able to print CMYK on PVC and polypropylene?
Yes, we can also offer white with the CMYK and a spot or all over varnish.
Do you print paper & glue to board to make a product?
Yes, that is called case making and we can provide that service here (case made binders, boxes, packaging).
Do you provide a packing service?
Yes, we can make the binders then pack the contents pages, dividers & USBs inside. We can also supply the dividers & USB keys if you need.
What is your minimum order quantity?
We understand that sometimes you do not require large quantities and we try to accommodate any request. Please call our office for more information and to find out how we can help you.
What is the turn-around time on custom made order?
Considering no order is like the other, the turn-around time depends on many factors like material availability, work load, quantities, etc. For more accurate times please ask our Account Manager at the time of order.
Can you make products in different materials and colours?
Yes, we use a wide range of materials – PVC, polypropylene, paper glued to board, PU & leather. Our colour range is also extensive. All material types and colours are organised in swatches for easy view.
Please contact our office. Call, email, or simply fill our online form and one of our experienced Account Managers will contact you shortly.